vrijdag 7 augustus 2015

Tokyo Treat Premium box, august 2015



  

Yesterday I received my first Tokyo Treat premium box. I was surprised to see that it arrived this quickly, Because the site showed that I was in group B of the subscribers and that I was going to recieve the box at around the third/fourth week of August. I was very excited and couldn't wait to open this!


 When I opened the box i was greeted by this cheerful and nice looking flyer of various snacks and candies that you are able to buy in Japan. This made me even feel more excited to see what's inside!


When you turn around the flyer it shows a spreadsheet of the items that are included in this box. The small box ($14,99) has the left row, the regular box ($24,99) has the left and middle row, and the premium box ($34,99) has all three rows included in the box.


I was very curious to try these, the Torotto Chocolate & Banana flavor. The great part is that it really doesn't melt in your hand when you hold it! and the smell that comes off them is just delicious, so i dove directly into these.


The look of them is somewhat dull, but don't let that fool you! They're just square shaped chocolates.


However, the texture of them is great! When you bite into the chocolate it really crumbles into your mouth, and the sweet banana flavor gets it's chance to take over and blow you away. This is handsdown one of the best chocolates I've had in a very long time! This will be your long-time favorite if you're also a fan of the artificial banana flavor. I give these ones a 9/10.


The next item that i really wanted to try were these Peach flavored Potato Chips! It sounds so strange and weird but when you open the bag a very gentle peach flavor escapes. Not disturbing at all. 


The chips itsself looks quite normal, but when you put them in your mouth you're actually in for a surprise. You get to taste a sweet peachy flavor, but the texture of the chip is what makes it quite odd, I really did like them though! The flavor isn't that strong so it just leaves a peachy, potato-ey flavor in your mouth. Strange, but very tasty! I give these a 7/10. 


The next thing that i tried were these corn balls, with a limited edition Texas Corn flavor. I really did like the look of the bag, it's so adorable with the squid on it! It should resemble Takoyaki balls, but i couldn't really see that to be honest.


When i opened the bag i was greeted by these little puff balls, it weren't really that many but that shouldn't bother you if they taste great.


The texture is just like a corn puff ball, but only a tiny bit chewier. The seasoning on it didn't thrill me at all, it's rather dull tasting and it hasn't really got alot of flavor on them. I expected some more flavor on these but it kind of let me down on that. I gave these a 5/10.


The next thing that the box contained was this Kracie DIY Metamorphosis Millet Jelly. You're supposed to mix the two liquids together to create a jelly-like foam, and to top it off you add some sort of grape sauce to it. I didn't have the time to make this one yet but i will later and post the result! 


The next item that i was curious to open was this One Piece illustration gums.  I'm not really a fan of Anime myself, but this box contained a poster which was quite large and it looked really good, i ended up giving it away to my friend.


However, I was really dissapointed to see what else it contained! 4 tiny balls of chewing gum. Oh well, the poster did make up for it though. I tasted the pink ball and it had a slight taste of Ramune (soda) but the taste dissapeared very quickly, leaving behind a very chewy mass of flavorless gum. The green ones tasted like apple and the yellow one tasted like pineapple. I gave these a 4/10.


The next thing that i tried was this Disney's Pop Can Drink Mix lollipop. I was so happy to see that my box contained the lollipop with the Stitch packaging! I've always been a huge fan of Stitch so i squealed a little when i saw this.


The lollipop itsself was super adorable aswell, shaped like Mickey Mouse. those ears are adorable! The flavor of the lollipop is very grapey, but a bit creamy aswell, Very tasty! I gave this a 8/10. 


The next item that i tried were these Heart Chip-a-roos (heart shaped chips). It's more like a puffy heart shaped Chip instead of the potato-ey chip. 


They're somewhat shaped like hearts, but the taste of them is really amazing! It has lots of spices on it, and you can really taste the garlic, It's not sweet or whatsoever, very savory. I could easily devour the entire bag at once! I gave these a 9/10.


The next item that i tried was called Hi-Chew Grand Prix Peaches. I haven't really been a fan peaches or of Hi-Chew since i first tried it but i wanted to try these anyways.


They have a very light pink color to them, and they are very chewy. The flavor was alright, it was peachy but i didn't really get the taste of that cream. They really keep their flavor until you finish them though! I gave these a 6/10. 


The next thing that i was eager to try was the Frog's Exciting Picture Book gummies! The packaging itsself is so adorable, and it explains what type of gummies are inside of it.


The packaging contains alot of Frog 'eggs', tadpoles and grown frogs. The grown frog has three different shapes. The eggs and tadpoles really taste quite strongly of grape, but i can't really describe the taste of the grown frog to be honest. There's a light coating of some sort of powder on them so they don't get sticky, but they're very tasty and chewy! i gave these an 8/10.


The next item that i tried were these Frozen Double Cast chocolate wafer cookies. The look of the packaging is so much fun! Frozen fans will surely love these.




The taste of them wasn't anything too exciting, they're tasty, and the wafers have two fillings, one half is filled with chocolate and one is filled with vanilla, I really liked the vanilla flavor the most. I gave these a 7/10.


This month's box contained two bonus items! One of them was a sushi gachapon. Mine had a cute set of erasers. It contained a drink and sushi set, although i'm not sure what the sushi is called since i never eat sushi. 


The other bonus item was a small box with Cream Collon cookies! 


 
They taste very sweet and creamy, and they dissolve rather quickly into your mouth! They're really good. i gave these an 8/10.

This was my first part of the Tokyo Treat august box, be sure to stay tuned for the second part inluding the Mochi Taro, Meiji Sushi gummy DIY, Fruit-filled jelly, Frozen country Ma'am white bear frozen cookies and Look-a-la-mode chocolate!  







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten